Using your National licence to fly G-reg EASA aircraft in the UK

Pilots that hold a LAPL may continue to fly a UK registered aeroplane or Touring Motor Glider (TMG) with an EASA Certificate of Airworthiness or EASA Permit to Fly.

An exemption set out in ORS4 1293 has been replaced by derogation ORS4 1309. This continues to allow holders of an appropriate UK National licence to exercise the privileges of a Part-FCL LAPL.

The derogation meets the requirements of relevant National legislation and will remain effective until 8 April 2020. Licencing arrangements beyond 2020 are not yet in place, but this is something we are working on.

View full alert details…