The general exemption from the requirements of SERA.5001 will remain in place until 25 March 2020.
This means that until 25 March 2020 pilots can continue to fly VFR:
- at or below 3000 ft AMSL within Class D airspace;
- during day only;
- indicated airspeed of 140 kts or less;
- clear of cloud, with surface and:
- for aircraft other than helicopters, a flight visibility of at least 5 km;
- for helicopters, a flight visibility of at least 1,500 m.
For more details pilots should read ORS4 No 1312
For further information concerning Standardised European Rules of the Air see www.caa.co.uk/sera