The purpose of this notice is to remind helicopter pilots, operators and training schools of the advice and guidance that is available to assist in the management of flight in a degraded visual environment, including its recognition and avoidance, appropriate training, flight planning and action in the event of encountering deteriorating conditions.
- AIC P 137/2019 – Helicopter flight in degraded visual conditions
- AIC P 138/2019 – Light helicopter flight training
- AIC P 003/2020 – Helicopter precautionary landings in deteriorating weather conditions
- SN-2019/007 – Helicopter operations flight planning and safe flight execution
- EHEST Leaflet HE 8 The Principles of Threat and Error Management for helicopter Pilots, Instructors and Training Organisations
Organisations are recommended to include this guidance in their training programmes and future safety meetings.